Monday, September 6, 2010

Eat all you can at Wakamatsu



We've spent 2 days diving and eating Moalboal. There, I enjoyed the watching the wall of sardines. I also saw my first whale and white-tip shark. On our way back to town I was surprise when our friend suddenly said "We're having eat all you can at Wakamatsu tonight!" like we haven't been pigging out at all.

Thinking that it's probably a buffet filled with Japanese dishes, I happily agreed. Full or not, I am not the type who'll pass up a chance to munch happily on unlimited food.

Upon entering the establishment, I noticed that it was built like a traditional japanese restaurant.

"Hmm, where on earth is the buffet table" I silently wondered.

The host led us directly to a booth enclosure, instructing us to leave our shoes outside. As we entered the booth, we were greeted by tables with hightech looking grills at the center.



"Oh yakiniku style!" my tummy began to grumble in excitement.





The server handed out the menus and placed hot coals inside the grill.







We ordered numerous plates of angus beef, scallops, squid, shrimps plus sukiyaki and bibimbap! For 537 VAT inclusive per head. It wasn't a bad deal!





We ate and ordered like there was no tomorrow. Each dish was served to us raw and was already marinaded with unique Japanese sauces.


I've never had sukiyaki before. I had no idea what sukiyaki was till the server brought out
a broth simmering along with plates of raw meat, veggies and noodle. We eagerly dropped all raw ingredients in the simmering hot pot and waited a couple of minutes from everything to cook. The soup was sweet, I could taste soy sauce and mirin as well. I loved it.



Server preparing the Bibimbap on a bowl made of stone.

Bibimbap on the other hand is one of my favorite Korean dishes. According to wikipedia:
The word literally means "mixed rice." Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (sautéed and seasoned vegetables) and gochujang (chili pepper paste). A raw or fried egg and sliced meat (usually beef) are common additions. The ingredients are stirred together thoroughly just before eating.[2] It can be served either cold or hot.

We grilled, we dipped and we chewed to our heart's desire. I love yakiniku. I love grilling the meats on my own and promptly shoving it to my mouth ones cooked. It gives me a sense of yummy satisfaction.

Over all 2 thumbs up. Definitely worth a trip back the next time we're in Cebu :)

Wakamatsu Yakiniku, Cebu City

Pacific Square Building, F. Cabahug St., Mabolo

Cebu City, Cebu

Philippines

(032) 232-5897







No comments:

Post a Comment